The COVID-19 Training for Construction course has been specifically designed by VOHS Consulting Group team as a result of the highly infectious nature of the Coronavirus Disease.
Coronavirus Disease, or COVID-19, is a disease being caused by a new or novel coronavirus. As a result of its highly infectious nature, the World Health Organization has declared the spread of this coronavirus a global pandemic.
The construction industry continues to operate here in British Columbia as well as other parts of Canada and around the rest of the world. COVID-19 has caused many construction employers and workers to be concerned for their health and safety while working during a pandemic. As a result, we encourage everyone to protect themselves and others by taking this COVID-19 Training for Construction course. All workers exposed to workplace hazards require training. Therefore, this course was designed, in part, for employers to use as a tool towards due diligence and regulatory inspection preparedness.
COVID-19 Training for Construction course consists of a 30-minute video followed by a five (5) question multiple choice quiz. After completing the course and passing the quiz, you will be able to download a certificate of completion.
Topics covered in the course:
- Coronavirus identification and background
- Transmission of COVID-19
- Symptoms and health effects of COVID-19
- Prevention control to reduce the risk of infection for construction workplaces
- Roles and responsibilities of construction site contractors
- Cleaning and disinfection protocols or best practices
- Construction specific tips on implementation of prevention controls
- What to do when physical distancing is not possible
- Free resources for COVID-19 for the construction industry
- Aiming for a BC CDC donation to support the Rapid Response to COVID-19.
In addition to developing the COVID-19 Training for Construction Course, with enough interest, we are hoping to be able to make a donation in support of the Rapid Response to COVID-19 for the BCCDC Foundation for Public Health.